A sampling of my editorial work. You can also download my full CV.
Key Publications and Projects
Dough Nation: A Nurse’s Memoir of Celiac Disease from Missed Diagnosis to Food and Health Activism
Nadine Grzeskowiak is an ER nurse whose journey with celiac disease took her to hell and back. This is both a searing memoir and a self-help guide for anyone curious about celiac disease, the economics and politics of wheat and gluten, and the vital importance of taking charge of your own health.
I copyedited all the print and digital content for Paleo Magazine, the first and only print magazine dedicated to the Paleo/Primal lifestyle, for two-plus years.
Digestive Health with REAL Food
This is Aglaée Jacob’s acclaimed, in-depth guide to digestive health, which Jessica Espinoza of Delicious Obsessions called “amazing”—several times. As Kevin Cann of breakingmuscle.com said: “As a nutritionist who deals frequently with clients who have gastrointestinal issues, I feel there are not enough good resources out there on the subject matter… Digestive Health with REAL Food changes all of that.”
The Paleo Dieter’s Missing Link
I was the manuscript editor of Adam Farrah’s iconoclastic manifesto. Jimmy “Livin’ La Vida Low Carb” Moore praised Missing Link for addressing “just about any and every question you would have about the Paleo diet.” And the slam-dunk takeaway of Winslow Jenkins of breakingmuscle.com: “Cons: none.”
Horizon Scan Monthly
In my previous life in market research and consulting, I was lead writer and editor of Horizon Scan Monthly, a newsletter on cutting-edge surgical technologies and trends sent to over 50,000 clinicians and hospital administrators around the country.
Thinkship by Rocket Code
I’m the editor and a lead writer at Thinkship, a blog of in-depth insights for ecommerce brands and agencies.
Paleo Magazine Readers’ Favorites Cookbooks
I copyedited the first three annual editions of the Paleo Magazine Readers’ Favorites Cookbook—2013, 2014, and 2015. Each one represents a different kind of cookbook—more of a culinary anthology—focused as much on community as it is on food.
Chowza’s Guide to Paleo
Feeling stuck in a Paleo rut? Tired of the same old foods and exercise routine? Chowza’s Guide to Paleo probably won’t help you, but check it out anyway.
- Going Deep on a Great Night’s Sleep
- Crank Up Your Design Productivity with These 6 Little-Known Tips
- Buy Buttons or Bye, Buttons? Where ultra-convenience meets the psychology of the purchase
- Customer Obsession: Driving Client Decisions the Amazon Way
- Let’s Dance: Learning, coping, and thriving on the entrepreneurial path
- 6 Tips for Crafting Great Web Copy That Converts
- A/B Testing | The ABCs of Conversion Optimization
- Why Ecommerce Brands Should Stop Discounting Now
- Want Not, Waste Not
- Flo and the Machine
- Honoring the Long Body: Exuberant Animal and the Deep Ecology of Being Human
- What Brings All the Devs to the Yard? How to Find the Best Technical Talent for Your Agency
- A Short Tutorial for Running A/B Tests in Shopify with Optimizely
- Strategy Meets Technology: 4 Prime Targets for Conversion Rate Optimization
- Building Empathy Into the Buying Experience: Or, “Just let me buy the #%)$%&* jacket”
- How to Successfully Execute an Iterative Redesign in Shopify with Optimizely
- What’s Your Drink? What the hospitality industry taught me about taking care of your team
- How to Persuade Any Client to Choose Your Design
- 8 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Optimizely
- How to Start a Food Truck: The Definitive Guide